all geriatric dogs and cats!
Is your pet 8 years or older?
are at risk of a wide range of diseases that often prevent very slowly
and symptoms are often mistaken for 'old age' rather than disease.
diseases such as early renal failure, early liver failure and high blood
pressure often are asymptomatic until the disease is advanced.
and treating these diseases early dramatically improves the prognosis
and life span of your geriatric pet.
be offering a free consultation for geriatric patients. This will include:
- Full clinical examination.
- Blood pressure check.
- Urine sample check (please attempt to bring a urine sample less
than 1 hour old with you to your pets appointment - not all patients
will 'perform' once in the clinic environment!).
- Discussion on arthritis prevention/treatments.
- Mini blood profile to test for Diabetes/Renal disease/Liver disease. Please ensure patient starved for 12hours before blood sampling.
- Fine needle aspirate cytology to check superficial 'lumps'.
Please enquire about cost of optional extra's
note each geriatric patient qualifies for a maximum of 1 free geriatric
consult per year.